Saturday, February 18, 2006

Show #19: Joplin, MO

Joplin High School Auditorium
February 17, 2006

Piano du jour: 6’ Baldwin – out of tune

Before leaving on tour, I splurged and bought a video iPod. I laugh when I think back on the days when I toured with The Phantom of the Opera, and carried hundreds of CD’s with me. Those days are gone! Plus, with the video iPod, I can download and watch TV shows, so thankfully I can stay current with Lost. I’ve also started downloading episodes of the new Battlestar Galactica series. Wow… am I ever hooked. And now I’ve gotten JenDeen addicted too.

If you ever plan to motor west,
Travel my way,
Take the highway that's the best.
Get your kicks on Route 66.

Now you go through St. Louie,
Joplin, Missouri…

We arrived at our hotel in Joplin to find that they lost our reservation. Jody, who also serves as our wonderful company manager, promptly found us rooms nearby.

After each show we go out into the lobby for a “Joydit” Line (“…we enjoyed it…”). We had an odd woman this evening who was convinced that she smelled a perfume coming from the stage. No one wears any scent during the show, but she would not be dissuaded. She walked to up each one of us, and without any sense of personal space, stuck her nose right into our necks and took a big sniff. Sheesh.

Miles traveled: 120
Hotel: Econo Lodge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home