Saturday, February 11, 2006

Show #13: Menominee, MI

Blesch Auditorium
February 10, 2006

Piano du jour: 5’ Steinway, shallow action but nicely tuned

We drove to Michigan today – State #4.

To quote Mr. Sondheim in A Little Night Music:
Pack up the luggage, la la la,
Unpack the luggage, la la la,
Pack up the luggage, la la la,
Hi-ho, the glamorous life!

...sigh

Our past several hotels have had a vaguely log cabin-esque feel. But our new hotel, being right on the shores of Lake Michigan, and has a nautical theme.


The moon over Lake Michigan

It was another slow news day out here on the road. The Winter Olympics started this evening. Curse the timing of this tour! Hopefully, my TiVo is recording as much of the broadcasts as it can, so I will have 80 hours of competition waiting for me to view when I return home…yikes. But judging from how tiring this touring business is, I expect that recovering on the sofa when I get home will be just the ticket.

Miles traveled: 120
Hotel: AmericInn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home