Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Show #27: Grand Junction, CO, part II

Grand Junction High School Auditorium
February 27, 2006

● February 27

I'm on a life-long quest to get to every national park in the country. While a national monument is one step below a full-fledged national park, I couldn't pass up the opportunity since we were so close. So Ann, Josh, Patrick, Stacey and JenDeen joined me today for a glorious drive through the breathtaking Colorado National Monument.

For me, these past two days have been the highpoint of the tour!

Piano du jour: 9' Yamaha, out of tune (sigh...)

We arrived at the venue at 5:45 to find that the piano was locked, and no one seemed to know who had the key. Sheesh... We usually have our sound check at 6:00, but it was almost 6:45 (after an almost three hour search!) before someone arrived with a key. While we were waiting, I feared that if the piano was this well secured, it probably hadn't been tuned today. And I was right. It is explicitly stated in the contract with each of these venues that the piano is to be tuned the day of the concert. And again and again, this is ignored. This is so frustrating.

But despite all the pre-show angst, the show went very well. I had a great time tonight.

Miles traveled: 0
Hotel: Comfort Inn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home